Fullstack Node.js/React Software Developer
Do you want to work at a software company where you can make an impact? Where you work on the latest technology and have a say on what goes into our tech stack? A company where you can both prototype and follow your application all the way through to production – in hours or days?
Bluestone is an entrepreneurial tech company that helps retailers and suppliers provide the same product content in all their sales channels. We are currently launching our SaaS Product Information Management solution – Bluestone PIM – in the global market. To help us grow further, we now seek software developers to join our team.
We are owned by the Norwegian IT company Intention AS, and altogether we are a family of nearly 100 colleagues that wake up every morning with the desire for innovative fun, putting our customers first and caring for our friends at work.
We are looking for experienced developers to join the Bluestone team in Gdańsk which currently consists of 13 employees. You will work closely with stakeholders in Bluestone Norway as well as developers at our sister company and development partner WebOn.
At Bluestone, you will take part in the development of the core functionality of the next generation Product Information Management (PIM) solution, including technical investigations, prototyping, development and deployment.
- Investigate new technologies and their implementation in the PIM product, providing relevant ideas and suggestions to Product Managers
- Develop PIM user functionality in Node.js and React on our own Cloud Ecosystem (Platform-as-a-Service)
- Continuously improve the heavily data-driven user experience and design of the PIM user interface and its components
- Develop internal modules to support our microservice-based Cloud Ecosystem
- Prepare relevant technical documentation for end users and developers
Working at Bluestone
Software development at Bluestone follows an agile process that each team adapts to their needs. All development is managed using Atlassian's toolset (Confluence, JIRA, and Bitbucket). You will also make use of our Jenkins CI system to build and deploy the software you develop into our own ecosystem running on AWS.
You will have a lot of freedom in how you develop the solutions, but you should expect to discuss achievements, problems and ideas with your experienced teammates daily. The teams organize their own process and report directly to the CTO who is also managing the backlog and prioritization. Each team takes it upon themselves to analyze, investigate, prototype and describe the best way to solve the business requirements, as well as actually implement the desired features and see them through to production.
Our Bluestone Gdańsk office is centrally located in brand new premises at our Intention Tech Center, al. Grunwaldzka 103a, with excellent access to public transport. We all work on MacBook Pros (or similar) with large external displays, and our desks change to standing position with a click of a button. You will find all the facilities you would be expecting.
What's your background
We are looking for developers with at least some years' professional experience in web application development, preferably in Node.js (Java 8 is also heavily used). It's likely that you have a Master or Engineering degree in IT/IS.
You have a broad skillset and a good understanding of the entire technical stack of a web application. You might think of yourself as a frontend or fullstack developer, and you enjoy working in a cross-functional team that takes responsibility all the way from frontend to backend and from idea to deployment. You might even have some experience with DevOps and the development of SaaS solutions. Even as a React/Node.js developer you'll be encouraged to look at our Java-based backend services, and contribute to them if you feel ready for it.
We think you might have experience with some of these technologies:
- REST APIs
Knowing some of these would be a bonus:
- Java 8, Jersey/Jetty/Jackson (Dropwizard), Spring
- Amazon Web Services
- Jenkins/Continuous Integration
Who are you?
We believe that you have the following personal qualities:
- Creative, pragmatic and solution oriented
- Desire to work long-term
- Communicative skills both with team-members and other stakeholders
- Fluent English
- Responsible and proactive
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time
- Challenging tasks that contribute to both professional and personal growth and development
- A Nordic working culture with possibilities to influence directions and priorities
- International workplace with offices in many countries
- Modern, centrally located office premises in Gdańsk
- Private medical care at Medicover
- Standing desk with high-end laptop with 2x24 inch monitors
- Kitchen always stocked with fresh fruit and great coffee
If you are interested, please send your CV in English ASAP.