WABCO is the leading global supplier of technologies and control systems for the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Brussels with 12 Engineering Centres, 21 manufacturing facilities on 4 continents it employs 11’000 people in 34 countries.
WABCO leads the world in the creation and supply of advanced braking and control systems that enhance the safety of trucks, buses and trailers. We are a successful organisation because of the engagement and passion of our people, combined with our unwavering focus on developing our staff. We leverage local talents and knowledge into a global environment of collaboration where you will be offered opportunities to develop in many ways, from strengthening and adding to your existing skills to providing you with career progression prospects.
At present we’re looking for Electronic Designer to join our team in Wrocław, Poland. Reporting to Product Engineering Team Leader the role will be responsible for design of electronic control units (ECU), electronic circuits and electronic components according to requirements.
A person working in this position will:
· Check customer, legal and system requirements, identify gaps and transfer into Hardware · PDS by requirements management system · Develop product concepts considering design rules and standards and comparatively rate · different concepts (own, competitors, suppliers) · Develop electronic circuit modules · Selection and qualification of new packaging for electronic components, interconnection · technologies and materials · Perform technical calculations and simulations · Design, document and order prototypes · Create series documentation · Perform risk assessment (e.g. Design FMEA) · Follow up product costs to reach target · Interface and communicate with S&P, M&L and other functions to ensure concurrent · engineering for process and supplier development · Initiate and follow-up on patent analysis and identify ideas for patents · Prepare and participate in design reviews · Evaluate test and simulation results, release parts and devices
Skills and experience required:
· Minimum 1 year of experience in Product Engineering in the automotive industry · Degree in Electronic Engineering · Good knowledge about WABCO products and system functions · Fluent in English
Ideal candidate will be able to display following competencies:
· Motivating others · Managing vision and purpose · Managerial courage · Dealing with ambiguity · Building effective teams · Remote leadership
· Problem solving · Perseverance · Customer focus · Drive for results · Self-development · Creative learning
WABCO Functional Competencies:
· Technical Learning · Decision Quality
· Team Leader, Team members · Other teams in Technology Center Electronic Hardware · Leading Engineer, Project Team members · Other development teams · Marketing · Production & Purchasing
· Supplier · Customers · Development partners & service provider
· Hardware PDS, Design FMEA · Documentation for released electronic components, circuits and ECU · Documentation for prototype ECU
· Deliver Hardware PDS, Design FMEA and further mandatory project documentation · Deliver ECU, electronic circuits and electronic components, fulfilling the requirements · Deliver prototype ECU · Deliver documentation for ECU, electronic circuits and components
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: 5 %
What’s on offer? In return, you can look forward to a secure and rewarding future with an acknowledged market leader, able to offer a competitive salary, benefits and genuine prospects.
Interested? Please apply through "Aplikuj Teraz" button.
Check our website for more information on the company: http://www.wabco-auto.com.
Product Engineering ( automotive industry ): 1 rok